Samsung ML-4500 and Windows 7 64bit
- Written by Zakala
- Hits: 5692
I recently upgraded my main system to Windows 7 and was somewhat annoyed to find that my Samsung ML-4500 does not have Windows 7 drivers for the 64bit version. I figured that the Vista 64 bit drivers might work and indeed they do, but there is a catch - the executable installer file refuses to run. So to get them working you need to do the following:
- Download the drivers for the Samsung ML-4500 for Windows Vista 64bit can be found on the following site: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?model_nm=ML-4500&mType=DR&vType=L&disp_nm=ML-4500
- Use your favorite archiving tool to extract the contents - 7-zip (www.7-zip.com) works well
- Add a printer manually using the "Add Printer" dialogue and choose the "Have Disk" option
- Navigate to the Vista 64bit folder in the extracted drivers folders (20070129104033218_ML-4500_GDI_Vista.exe\\Printer\GDI\VISTA_64\)
- You can then choose the ML-4500 drivers to complete the printer installation.
Hope that helps a few of you using these great little printers.